CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 17, 2011

it's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got

Well, today started out great, as I woke up and looked in the mirror and realized my eyes were puffy, a result of crying the night before. I got rather flustered last night..

Here's the story. If you don't know already, I am LDS, Mormon, or as some people like to call us. "the crazy people". In my religion, we believe in doing ordinance work on behalf of our deceased loved ones. Well my grandmother died in 2009, and so this past October in 2010, we had the opportunity to do her ordinances. I got online, to reserve her information in order to do so, and guess what? Some crazy lady had reserved the information, and it left me feeling a little s.o.l.

So I jet off an email to the stranger, text everyone in my family, trying to put the puzzle together, then I spent another 30 or so mins crying... Just because I called dibs on it, and dang it all. I am gonna get my way. Well thankfully my father responded to my text, and we found out that the stranger, wasn't really a stranger... It was some distant cousin twice removed, and replaced with Scotch tape. Well today I would like to announce I am now the owner of said information of my grandmother, and can now do her ordinance work.

Also today was also exciting.. I took my sister's bridal/groomals today. We had lots of fun, and hopefully I will get a pic of the happy couple up on my blog. I am happy for her. It's an exciting time in their lives, yet also very nerve wracking. Happy for them.

So for today, I am grateful for having things that I need, and things that I want. For knowing that I am in place with so many freedoms, and luxuries. I am grateful for the roof over my head, food on the table, and never failing love of those around me.

Now go hug someone special, kiss them... maybe once or twice, and tell them you're so grateful to have them in your life.