CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

all that jazz...

So today, I seriously have been going non-stop since six this morning. Ugh, you know that annoying sound your alarm makes, yeah, the buzzing noise.. Well on days like today, it's even worse on days like today. Nails on the chalk board kind of awful.

But, my day was filled with class, movies, interviews, appointments, deadlines, meetings, and last but not least an oh so over due Guard Party.. No worries I'll fill you in on the Guard thing. But come on, I don't even have a job, and I had so much stuff to get done..

Well, this evening I spent some much needed hours, in the living room, of my good-friend Jenny Lynn. Who happened to be the instructor of the Color Guard, of the high school I attended.If you don't know what that is... you know when you are watching a parade? and you see the girls marching with them spinning the flags.. Yeah, that was me..Please contain the laughter.

Well it was simply wonderful. We laughed, and at moments I am sure someone was crying. We watched old Guard films, watched our performances, and all the while soaking up all the time we could with one another, before we scampered back to our lives, and perhaps another long wait before we see each other again.

My friends are all married, having babies, being pregnant, and I am the one little gal over in the corner, waiving the white flag... I know there were single gals there, and that is probably hard enough.. But seriously, I doubt your uterus is broken.. you have no worries, even if you aren't hitched yet. I know this is starting to sound like a downer post, but I will stop ranting.

So today, I am thankful for my Guard girls. I am so grateful for the history we have shared, and to know that there were so many good influences in my life, I don't know what I would do if I had not met so many great friends. My parents moved when I was 15 and I was lucky enough to transfer from one team to another.

You are the influences that I needed, and the friends I am so grateful for. I know we may not be close right now, but I consider you all my sisters. I can't even tell you how much I adore each and everyone of you.

I am proud of past, for the moments I spent with these ladies, and how much they have enriched my life!

1 comments:

granmabob99

I so loved seeing you guys. I loved those years. I loved seeing you guys grown up. I just feel like you were all my daughters. I loved seeing you.
love you,
Bobbi