CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 1, 2012

Kiss my Lime-Dressing

Alright, so I know everyone kinda has a spin-off version of cilantro dressing.. just like the kind at the covetted Cafe Rio.. But, I have been using this recipe for years, and it has been okay.. But today I decided to do something a little different, and I couldn't believe how amazing it was!! We served it at the family dinner and it got mad reviews!!

Ingredients

1 pack (1oz) Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
Just the packet, no need to worry about the directions on the back..
1 C mayo
1/2 C milk
1 lime-Or Lime juice.. which is was I use..
2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1/2 C roughly chopped cilantro*
1/4 C green salsa
hot sauce-to taste


*side note- I am not overly crazy about cilantro.. I used barely any in my recipe, and I just did it to taste.



Alright, nothing too fancy.. I will however say that I have used different green salsa before but the
La Costena was by far the best I have used when it comes to this recipe!!

Alright, pull out your blender, or your bullet.. and empty your ranch packet in.. I know this sounds crazy but trust me.. I did it this way and it made the world of difference..
Add your milk, and blend until the ranch and milk look well blended and the milk has some bubbles.. or looks frothy.. if that's a worth... add your mayo, and your green salsa... and of course blend.. Now ad the garlic..

add lime and hot sauce to taste..

I tasted it after almost every ingredient.. I wanted that perfect blend.. Also, start with a little cilantro.. like not even one Tbs.. it's easier to add than to take away right?

Super easy, and always a favorite. Make sure you make it a couple of hours ahead so you can put it in the fridge to thicken..

Enjoy


For a stellar recipe for Pork Barbacoa to go with your dressing check out this blog HERE.
You can find the blog I got this recipe from HERE.. Mind you I did mine slighty different.

0 comments: